The Netflix app isn’t on the Nintendo eShop, and the device’s default web browser isn’t compatible with Netflix.
Thanks to a previous collaboration between the two firms, Netflix was once available on other Nintendo systems, including the Nintendo Wii U. No company has made a formal announcement regarding when Netflix will be available on the Switch.
This guide will show you how to watch Netflix on Nintendo Switch.
Is Netflix on Switch?
No, Netflix is not currently available on Nintendo Switch. However, some workarounds may allow you to access Netflix content on your Switch.
Can You Install Netflix App on Nintendo Switch?
Yes, it is possible to install Netflix on your Nintendo Switch. However, note that the process is a bit more complicated than simply downloading and installing Netflix like you would on your smartphone or tablet.
You’ll need to install Android OS on your Nintendo Switch if you want to enjoy Netflix. You can download Netflix from the Google Play Store when using an Android operating system.
However, before you do that, you need to be aware of the following risks:
- If you mess up, your Nintendo console will be rendered useless.
- You won’t be able to play online or use the Nintendo eShop. That’s because if Nintendo finds out that your Switch is hacked, it’ll probably also cut you off from its online services.
How to Install Android on Nintendo Switch
Before you start the installation process, you want to know if you can hack the gaming console. Enter your Switch’s serial number here to confirm. In case it is hackable, you can proceed. But first, here’s what you will need:
- At least 16 GB high-speed microSD card
- USB-C cable
Once you’ve got everything you need for the installation, follow these instructions.
By installing Android into Nintendo Switch, you can transform your handheld console into a tablet running the Android operating system. However, you can still switch between android for android mode and Nintendo operating systems to play switch games.
How to Install Netflix on a Hacked Switch
Here’s how to install Netflix on your hacked Nintendo Switch:
- Go to PlayStore
- Type Netflix on the Search bar
- Click Install
With the Netflix app installed, enter your login details if you are already a subscriber. If you are not, you’ll need to create an account. After that, you’ll be able to enjoy all your favorite Netflix shows and movies on your Switch.
How Can I Watch Netflix on Nintendo Switch in 2022?
There is no Netflix app available for the Nintendo Switch. However, with the Android OS installed on your Switch, there are various ways you can watch Netflix on Nintendo Switch in 2022. These include:
- Use the HDMI output: You can connect your Switch to your TV using an HDMI cable and then use the Netflix app on your phone or tablet as a remote control.
- Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller: You can use the Pro Controller to control the Netflix app on your TV. You must connect your Switch to your TV using an HDMI cable and then pair your Pro Controller with your Switch.
- Use a capture card: Using a capture card, you can record your favorite shows and gameplays to watch back on your TV. You can then share your favorite Netflix shows with friends and family.
How Can I Get Android on Nintendo Switch?
There are several options to get android on your Nintendo Switch.
- One way is to use the LineageOS distribution, a customized Android version available for many devices.
- Another way is to use the Android-x86 project, an open-source project that allows you to install android on several devices, including the Nintendo Switch.
- Finally, you can use the Google Play Store after installing the Android OS.
How to Setup Nintendo Switch on Your TV
You require an HDMI cable to link your Nintendo Switch to your TV. You can use a Nintendo Switch HDMI cable if your TV has a standard HDMI port. You will need to use an adapter if your TV has a mini or micro HDMI port.
Here’s the process of setting up:
- Open the Nintendo Switch dock back cover.
- Connect the USB plug from the AC adapter to the dock terminal.
- Plug the cable into the HDMI port of the console and on your TV.
- Once you have plugged in the cable, your TV should automatically switch to the HDMI input if you’ve switched on the TV. However, you can also manually select the HDMI input using your TV remote control.
- Once you have plugged in everything, power on your TV and your Nintendo Switch console, and the home screen should appear on your TV. If it doesn’t, try pressing the “Home” button on the right Joy-Con controller.
Repercussions of Installing Netflix on Nintendo Switch
Installing Netflix on Nintendo Switch has a few consequences.
- First, it will void your warranty.
- Second, it might reduce the battery life on your device.
- You may be at risk of violating your terms of service with Nintendo.
Although there are plenty of risks, many people have installed Netflix on their Switch with no issues. Ultimately, it’s up to you whether you want to take the risk.
Can I Watch Netflix on Other Nintendo Devices?
No, you can’t watch Netflix on other Nintendo devices. The only option available is to jailbreak your Switch. However, the option is risky, as we’ve highlighted earlier. So unless you are willing to take risks, you may stick to the other streaming apps on Nintendo Switch.
Why is there no Netflix on Switch?
While some methods allow you to access Netflix content on the Switch, these are not officially supported and may stop working anytime.
The main reason is that Nintendo Switch intends to focus on gaming. The Netflix app would require more powerful hardware to handle 1080p streaming; currently, the Switch cannot do that. The Switch also does not have a web browser, which is necessary for Netflix to work.
Should I Use a Tablet for Netflix Instead of a Nintendo Switch?
An Android tablet is an excellent alternative to a Nintendo switch if you want a better way to watch Netflix. Here are some benefits of using the Android tablet for Netflix:
- You can take your tablet with you wherever you go, so you can always have your favorite shows and movies at your fingertips.
- It typically has a larger screen than a Nintendo switch, so you’ll get a better viewing experience.
- It has better sound quality than a Nintendo switch.
- A tablet typically has a longer battery life than a Nintendo switch, so you can watch your shows and movies for longer.
- It has a higher resolution than a Nintendo switch, so you’ll get sharper and clearer pictures and videos.
- A tablet can do more than just stream Netflix, so you’ll be able to take advantage of all the other great features and apps it offers.
Overall, a tablet is an excellent alternative to a Nintendo Switch for watching Netflix.
You can install Netflix on the Switch by installing android on the Nintendo device. However, installing Netflix on Nintendo Switch on the gaming console has a few consequences, from the risk of voiding your warranty or potential damage to your device to violating the terms of service with Nintendo.
However, many people have decided to install Netflix on their Switch and haven’t had any issues. Ultimately, you decide whether it’s worth the risk.