The Core I9 9900K ranks among the most potent processors produced by Intel. But, sometimes, it gets stiff while working. To get the most out of your processor, you need to combine your processor with the best CPU Cooler for I9 9900k. This will help you get acceptable cooling practices and good processing power with no heating issues at all.
There are options available in the market which makes it challenging to choose the best one. In this article, we have compiled a list of the top 6 best CPU Coolers for I9-9900k on the market.
Best CPU Cooler For i9 9900k – (Comparison Table)
Best CPU Cooler For i9 9900k – Reviews
In our list, we have included the top CPU coolers for i9-9900k with air and liquid cooling. You can choose the one from these based on your taste.
So, let’s get started now.
The first CPU cooler in our list is the Noctua NH-D15 that is a premium CPU cooler with 2 PWM Fans. It makes a great pairing with i9-9900k, and while working it operates peacefully without making any noise.
It is an air cooler with outstanding performance. People mostly favor water cooling systems over air coolers, still, Noctua NH-D15 works efficiently without utilizing water.
HOWEVER, this CPU cooler requires a clearance, and it will not be able to fit in your system if you don’t have adequate clearance. Let’s take a quick look at the specifications of this CPU Cooler:
- The Noctua NH-D15 is composed of copper, aluminum, nickel plating, and some connected joints. The built material helps the CPU cooler to give off a sturdy look.
- It is composed of two 140mm fans with low noise levels and PWM support.
- The noise level produced by this CPU cooler is a minimum of 24.6 decibels.
- Intel Compatibility: LGA1150/ LGA1151/ LGA1155/LGA1155/LGA2066 / LGA2011/LGA2011
- AMD Compatibility: AM2 / AM2+ / AM3 / AM3+ / FM1 / FM2 / FM2+ / AM4 -NM-AM4
- It provides an exceptional cooling performance
- It operates quietly without any noise.
- The RAM clearance offered by this CPU Cooler is entirely satisfactory.
- It features two 140mm fans.
- It uses an air cooling system.
- The build quality is superb, and the mounting system is user-friendly.
- It is a bit expensive.
- Not everyone likes brown color. Users have proposed that if the color preference was better, the CPU cooler could give off a more refreshing look.
It is a reliable and budget-friendly offer for you if you can’t afford an expensive CPU Cooler for i9-9900k. But being budget-friendly does not mean that the Dark Rock Pro 4 lacks performance. It is one of the best CPU coolers available in terms of performance.
The second CPU cooler on our list is Dark Rock Pro 4, an affordable option for purchasing a more trustworthy CPU cooler.
If you cannot buy an expensive CPU cooler to pair with your i9-9900k, why don’t you try Dark Rock Pro 4? This CPU cooler offers similar performance to the previous one on our list. The main difference is that it is available at a low price in the market.
Another plus point is the design of Dark Rock Pro 4. Users love the all-black design aesthetics. However, the vital thing to look out for is the performance. So, let’s take a quick look at the specifications of this CPU cooler that explain its overall performance.
- It is a budget-friendly CPU cooler that provides outstanding performance with i9-9900k.
- It operates quietly, and the maximum noise level produced by this CPU cooler is 24 decibels.
- It consists of an air cooling system.
- The Dark Rock Pro 4 features two fans with a size of 120mm each.
- Intel Compatibility: 1150 / 1151 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011(-3)/ 2066
- AMD Compatibility: AM2(+) / AM3(+) / AM4 / FM1 / FM2(+)
- It has an aesthetic all-black design, and the users love that.
- It is equipped with cooling fins, which help to quiet the airflow with wave contours.
- It offers users high-performance copper pipes to deal with heating purposes.
- The cooling fins come with extra RAM compatibility, so you don’t have to worry about that.
- Installing this CPU cooler is the real deal. It is a difficult task and requires more than average time.
In terms of performance, the NZXT Kraken x73 outperforms other cooling brands. Due to its 360mm AIO, it is more efficient than other CPU coolers. The design of the fans, cooling performance, and noise control are unique.
The third CPU cooler on our list is the NZXT Kraken x73 360mm Liquid Cooler. NZXT Kraken x73 stands among the best AIO CPU Liquid Cooler with an exceptional i9-9900k pairing.
It is a liquid CPU cooler that definitely provides high performance. The NZXT Kraken x73 is composed of Aer P radiator cooling fans that work efficiently to increase the smoothness and reliability of its operation. In this way, this CPU cooler works without making any irritating noise.
It is one of the best liquid CPU coolers for i9-9900k and if you are planning to overclock it with your CPU, then go for it. You won’t regret it.
Now, you must be thinking if your i9-9900k processor needs liquid cooling or not? As we discussed above, there are two types of CPU cooling, and it entirely depends on you to choose any one of the two.
So, we tested this CPU cooler with i9-9900k, and the results were overwhelming. Now, let’s take a look at the key specifications of this liquid CPU cooler so that you can have a better idea of its performance:
- It has a fantastic design and builds quality, further accompanied by exceptional performance.
- The NZXT Kraken x73 CPU cooler works on a liquid cooling mechanism.
- The noise produced by this air cooler is extremely low. The noise levels range from 21 decibels to 26 decibels.
- It comes up with three fans of 120 mm size.
- The NZXT Kraken x73 features RGB lighting technology.
- Intel Compatibility: 1150-51-55-56 /2011-13 / 1366 /2066
- AMD Compatibility: TR4 / AM4 / FM2+ / FM2 / FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2 & 2+
- It has a combination of three fan optimization.
- It also consists of RGB lighting modes that provide an aesthetic feel.
- The CPU cooler is composed of an air cooling AER P radiator fan as well.
- The best thing about NZXT Kraken x73 is that you can monitor the temperature of your system with the help of an app.
- This CPU cooler is quite expensive.
- Although it is pretty enough, it still goes louder sometimes as compared to other CPU coolers.
If you are looking for a budget CPU cooler for your i9-9900k, then consider buying this one. It has a good performance, sturdy build quality, and a proper airflow regulation mechanism. It also features copper heat pipes that add to the overall performance of your system.
The fourth CPU cooler on our list is the Le Grand Macho RT that provides outstanding thermal performance under a budget price tag.
So, for your i9-9900k processor, this CPU cooler will deliver a better performance. This is because it is composed of sturdy hardware components. The Le Grand Macho RT operates silently, and the RAM clearance is faster.
When it comes to the design, this CPU cooler contains extra copper heat pipes. Also, it is more extensive. It has an optimized base, and it features Haswell-E VGA clearance for better performance. Let’s take a quick look at the key specifications of Le Grand Macho RT:
- This CPU more special ranks among the best ones in terms of performance and noise control.
- It is equipped with a single 140 mm size fan. The speed of this fan is around 300 to 1300 RPM, which is quite interesting.
- The noise control of this CPU cooler is impressive. It produces a noise level of 20 decibels.
- The overall height of this CPU cooler is 159mm.
- It is equipped with a total of 7 copper heat pipes of better performance.
- Intel Compatibility: 775/ 1150 /1151 /1155 /1156 /1366 /2011 /2011 /2013 /2066
- AMD Compatibility: AM2 & 2+/ AM3 & 3+ / FM1 & AM4
- This CPU cooler comes at an affordable price
- The build quality is solid and extraordinary.
- It delivers exemplary performance.
- Although it contains a single fan, still the performance of this budget CPU cooler is superb.
- Most of the users suggested improving the expansion slot clearance.
- The warranty for this CPU cooler lasts only for one year, which is not much.
Overall, this liquid CPU cooler is highly recommended for overclocking and better performance. It has a neat and slim design with RGB lighting technology. The user feedback on this CPU cooler is fantastic. But it is somewhat expensive, so make sure to purchase it if you can afford it.
At number five, we have the Corsair iCUE H150i Pro Xt CPU cooler. This CPU cooler ranks high in the list of the best liquid cooler for i9-9900k.
If you are looking for a better quality liquid cooling system for your i9-9900k, consider using the Corsair iCUE H150i Pro. It is a fantastic option for you if you are trying to overclock your i9-9900k with 5GHz.
The Corsair iCUE H150i Pro delivers extraordinary performance when it comes to CPU cooling. No other CPU cooler is of the match. For design aesthetics, it comes with RGB colors that can be controlled by using a corresponding app or any other software. The overall speed of the fans and other components of the Corsair iCUE H150i Pro can be monitored directly from its software.
The thing we liked the most is that this CPU cooler delivers the maximum amount of airflow even when it is in high load. Now, let’s take a look at the key specifications of this ninja CPU cooler.
- It is one of the best AIO liquid CPU coolers with outstanding performance.
- It has excellent noise control. The average noise level produced is around 25 decibels.
- It operates on Liquid cooling technology.
- It is integrated with RGB lighting technology, which enhances the design aesthetics.
- The overall size of this CPU cooler is around 360 mm.
- Intel Compatibility: 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-3 and 2066
- AMD Compatibility: AM2, AM3, AM4, FM1, and FM2
- It emphasizes magnetic hovering to intensify the full fan speed.
- The RGB backlights can be modified and controlled by using its app.
- With this CPU cooler, you will notice a 20 to 30°C decrease in the temperature of your CPU.
- The performance, fans, and other components of this CPU cooler can be monitored using the Corsair iCUE software.
- It is pretty expensive.
The NZXT Kraken x62 is equipped with some remarkable components that boost the overall performance of this CPU cooler. It has one of the best pumps accompanied by a large radiator. It is everything you need when it comes to AIO liquid cooling CPUs.
The sixth and last CPU cooler on our list is the NZXT Kraken x62. This one is another fantastic AIO liquid CPU cooler that makes a good duo with your i9-9900k.
According to our experts, this liquid CPU cooler is the best one for i9-9900k. This is because it provides high-quality performance with overclocking. With this CPU cooler, you can nearly overclock every core of your i9-9900k processor without facing any hassle.
The build quality and hardware of this CPU cooler are also astounding. Also, if you want a quiet liquid CPU cooler, the NZXT Kraken x62 is the one for you because the noise regulation levels are surprising.
It is very durable, and it can be easily controlled and monitored by using the software control feature. It is equipped with an AER P radiator. The design finishes are entirely aesthetic. Let’s dive into the specifications of this CPU Cooler.
- It delivers excellent performance with solid overclocking.
- It is equipped with two fans, each with a size of 140 mm.
- The radiator size of NZXT Kraken x62 is about 280 mm.
- The fans are extremely fast, with speeds ranging from 500 to 1800 RPM.
- Other than the fan speed, the pump speed of this CPU cooler ranges from 1600 to 2800 RPM.
- It also features RGB and LED lighting technology.
- Intel Compatibility: Socket 1150-51-55-56 /2011-13-66 / 1366
- AMD Compatibility: SocketTR4, AM4, FM2+, FM2, FM1, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2
- The performance is outstanding
- The design of this liquid CPU cooler is elegant and full of aesthetics.
- It arrives with an AER P radiator, which is a plus point.
- The lighting modes induced in this CPU cooler are improved
- As compared to the previous Kraken x52, the NZXT Kraken x62 is more expensive.
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best CPU Cooler For i9 9900k
We have developed a checklist of necessary factors to know while buying a CPU Cooler for i9 9900k. After all, it is always better to apprehend what you should foresee from your PC Cooler.
So, let’s take a quick look at our checklist:
Air Cooling vs. Liquid Cooling
There are two types of cooling systems integrated into a CPU Cooler, i.e., air cooling and liquid cooling.
Choosing between these two is a crucial decision to make. You have to prefer whether you want to cool your CPU by employing air or by utilizing a liquid loop. So, we have mentioned the pros and cons of both, decide for yourself.
Pros & Cons of Air Cooling
An air cooling system is a reliable option. This is the standard type of cooling system utilized for computers. One of the most significant benefits of air cooling is that it is cost-efficient and easy to install on your computer. Yet, it takes a lot of space, and it could be a little loud. Concluding this, if you need high-powered performance, air cooling is not ideal for your PC.
Pros & Cons of Liquid Cooling
In liquid cooling, a liquid circulates through the water blocks that rely on the top of the chip. Between the CPU and water blocks, there is a thermal paste and a baseplate. The purpose of keeping these between is to enhance the heat transfer properties.
As compared to air cooling, liquid cooling gives a quiet operation. It has a better heat regulation mechanism rather than air cooling. The visual looks of liquid cooling are cool enough due to the RGB elements.
But, liquid cooling is expensive; it isn’t easy to install liquid cooling, it takes a lot of time. There are a variety of problems associated with the maintenance of liquid cooling.
Correct CPU Socket
Most of the CPU coolers come with attachments that are suitable for motherboards.
Some CPU Cooler models need specific sockets. So when buying a CPU cooler, remember to check if it has standard CPU Sockets or not.
Dimensions and Clearance
When it comes to CPU coolers, there are various fans; each one has a different dimension.
Several CPU coolers have a low-profile design, and this means they will not block your RAM slots. Neither will they stay close to your PC casing wall.
Have you ever heard of dual-tower fans? Indeed, they have a high working yield, but they are way too bulky. So the thing is, make sure to take accurate measurements of clearance space.
Which fan to choose? PWM, DC, or Molex?
There are three main types of fan functionality. Let’s dig deeper into the details.
So PWM means pulse width modulation. With this type of fan, you can change the RPM to keep the running volume down.
The next one ahead is DC fans, which are a subunit of PWM fans. You can slow them down to 40% below their average RPM.
Molex fans don’t allow their consumers to do personal customizations. You can install Molex fans; they can run at total capacity, or else they are stationery. Molex fans are not the quiet ones, but they are affordable, a plus point if you are on a budget.
Most of the CPU coolers are set on a mission to create an irritating sound when everything is calm around you.
To avoid irritating noise, remember to choose a CPU cooler that creates less noise.
- If you are on a budget but need a practical solution, go for an air cooler.
- Air coolers are very common when it comes to CPU Cooling. Remember one thing, and more fans mean more cooling and more noise.
- Customize your RGB fan and sync your RGB peripherals to give it a feel. Also, regulate the RGB settings by adjusting the model.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the i9-9900k need liquid cooling?
Well, both air cooling and liquid cooling are suitable for i9-9900k. But users have recommended liquid cooling because air cooling can be hectic sometimes.
Do I need a CPU cooler for i9-9900k?
It is unnecessary to get a CPU cooler for your i9-9900k, yet it is better to grab one. When you are planning to do overclocking on your Intel i9-9900k, you will need a high-end CPU cooler to get the highest boost clocks.
Is Liquid Cooling Reliable?
Liquid cooling is a great way to cool your CPU because water transfer is way more reliable than air. Liquid cooling is quieter than air cooling, as there will be no fans running at a high RPM, and making irritating noise.
What is the ideal temperature for my i9-9900k?
The ideal core temperatures for i9-9900k should be below 80°C.
Is 70° safe for i9-9900k?
Yeah, core temperatures that are below 85°C are ideal for any Intel Core-i processor. And if your temperature is around 70°C while doing tasks like gaming, etc., then it means you are getting good results from your CPU cooler.