One of the best processors that you will find in the market is Core i7 8700k and for heavy tasks, you must need the best CPU coolers for i7 8700k. It will work well if you are a gamer, or if you need a processor for productivity tasks. This processor can handle all the tasks, which a user expects it to.
However, processors need cooling down, especially when they are overburdened with applications and programs. Even if a user overclocks the processor or runs it using stock clocks, they still need a good cooler to make it work efficiently.
List Of Best CPU Coolers For i7 8700k
Our comparison table only shows our top picks. You can find the other recommendations within this article.
1. Dark Rock 4 by Be Quiet – Best Air CPU Cooler For i7 8700k
This cooler has virtually silent wings, and at maximum speed, it achieves 21.4db(A). The fan has six copper heat pipes, which help the fan in performing effectively and efficiently. The cooling fins are airflow-optimized and wave control. When the user receives the product, they can easily install the cooler using the installation kit. If the user feels that additional support is needed, then a 120mm fan can be added to it.
This is an air cooler, which means that it is less likely to fail and doesn’t have to be maintained either. The building quality of the fan is really good, which is why the user doesn’t have to overclock it. There are cooler, which are very noisy when they are operating, but this cooler is different. Dark Rock 4 is one of those coolers, which won’t give you a headache.
- It is a very powerful cooler
- It supports almost every CPU socket
- It is quiet and doesn’t become a headache for the user
- The design of the cooler is great and it comes in black color; the black color adds to the shine of the cooler
- The downside of buying this cooler is that it costs as much as a level liquid cooler would cost
2. Corsair Hydro Series H150i – Best Liquid CPU Cooler For i7 8700k
This cooler comes with a customizable RGB backlit pup, which produce lighting effects, matching the build. The air flow of the cooler is 47.3 CFM and the noise level is 25.0 decibels. Many users were happy with this product, because Corsair past products have shown efficient performance as well. The cooler is very capable of cooling 8700K, and it comes in a really good colour.
The water block is one of the best blocks that a user can get on a liquid cooler. The brand makes it better by giving the user ML fans, along with the cooler. This is why the noise level of the cooler isn’t annoying or that much. The radiator of the cooler is slim, which means that the user won’t face any problems on smaller chassis. The cooler is quiet but still gets the job done.
- The cooling performance is excellent.
- It has an amazing look and fans
- It doesn’t make much noise
- iCUE is a control software, which comes with the cooler, and can be easily used
- Some customers felt that the fans were too loud
- Few customers complained that the tubes of the cooler were too short, and it was hard to mount them
3. EVGA CLC All-In-One RGB – Best Liquid CPU Cooler For i7 8700k
The brand is known for its quality products, like motherboard and graphic cards. The performance of the cooler is excellent, and it is not just for 8700K, but you can use it for any CPU. When you mount the cooler on the top, the voltage regulator cooling would be even better. The cooler has PWM fans, and you can control these fans with the help of the motherboard or the onboard controller. However, the fans are noisy, but they are very efficient in their job.
This cooler is perfect for those, who is looking for a cheap cooler that gives them a good experience. The performance, without a doubt, is exceptional.
- Mounting the cooler on the top enhances the performance of the cooler
- The cooler has PWM cans, and they can be easily controlled using the on-board controller
- The installation of the cooler is very easy
- Even if a person plays games and uses extra settings, burdening their CPU, the cooler will continue to perform properly
- The machine can be noisy sometimes
- Few customers feel that the EVGA fans, which come with the cooler, are of cheap quality
4. CORSAIR H100i PRO – Best Liquid CPU Cooler For i7 8700k
Corsair has some amazing coolers, which is why it is mentioned the second time on this list. The main reason why people buy from this company is that they have good and durable components. It is a 240mm liquid cooler, specially designed for those who want high performance. This cooler has the capability to cool 8700K, and the performance stays the same.
The iCue software gives you complete control of your cooler and all of its aspects. The fans which come with this cooler, increase the level of performance. However, the cooler doesn’t have a good RGB available, and the noise level of the fans can increase. If you put too much load on your CPU, then the fan noise increases and you might want to shut down some programs.
- Provides the user with great performance
- The water block has a good look
- The ML fans perform well and they have RPM as well
- The software is easy to use and helps the user control the cooler
- The noise can be irritating for the users
- Few customers complained that there was no additional standoff, and the mobo standoff snapped right away
- Might not work for all PCs
- Many customers are not happy with the customer service that Corsair provides
5. NZXT KRAKEN M22 – Best Budget CPU Cooler For i7 8700k
This is a close loop liquid cooler and it is one of the best options you will see for 8700K. This is an affordable cooler and a very high-end option. It is a 120mm cooler, which is why users think that it won’t be able to perform well. Even though the radiator size of the cooler is small, it can still do wonders for an overloaded and overheated CPU. The design of the cooler is really sleek and looks great. It might seem like it is a weak cooler, but it can display great performance.
It comes with CAM software, through which a user can manage the performance of the cooler. The user can make changes really quickly, even the speed of the monitor pump and set the liquid temperature. The cooler has an amazing color and it comes to an infinity mirror design. It will give the user a dynamic lighting experience. There is reinforced extended tubing, which makes the rubber tubing strong and it acts as a protective layer. The best part is that it comes with a warranty of 6 years. The noise levels are kept to a minimum, and the user gets a superior cooling experience.
- This cooler provides great cooling
- The design is unique and sleek
- The RGB lighting is very cool and done tastefully
- The CAM software can help the user easily monitor the cooler and make adjustments, if necessary
- Customers complain that the CAM software is not safe, as it sends information to the company’s servers
- After a while, the CAM software doesn’t load or overclocks
Best Budget CPU Air Cooler For i7 8700k To Buy In 2020
6. Noctua NH-U14S – Best CPU Cooler For i7 8700k
It is one of the coolers in the classic U series of Noctua. This is a single tower CPU cooler, which has gained a lot of recognition in the market. It has six, large heat pipes, along with a 140mm fan and PWM support from automatic speed control.
The fans are not loud, and the cooler has a very slim shape. It is compatible with RAM modules and can act as a great CPU cooler for i7 8700K. The size of the cooler is very reasonable and doesn’t impact its performance. It is short, which is why it can fit high-end cases. This cooler provides good capability with SLI and CrossFire setups. Users can even enter an optional, second fan to the cooler, to improve its performance. It comes with fan clips and customer designed anti-vibration pads; this helps in improving the acoustics of the fan.
- The cooler is easy to install and operate
- It has a great cooling performance, even when the user runs it on overclocking and stock clocks
- The noise level of the fans is low
- It is made of quality components
- Some customers complained that the cooler was huge and it won’t fit in a standard tower case
- Few customers complained that their motherboard was ruined when they installed a cooler
- The fans might stop working at some point
7. Cooler Master MasterAir MA410M – Best CPU Cooler For i7 8700k
This is a four heat pipe cooler, and it comes with a thermal detection sensor and RGB lighting effects. It has excellent cooling performance, is very reliable because of its Continuous Direct Contact 2.0 technology. The cooler gets its unique glow from a hexagon cut out, and this can be controlled using a controller. The thermal detection keeps the CPU temperature in check, and even displays if there are any changes in the temperature through color lighting.
The reflected light creates a very cool infinity mirror effect. It comes with an air guide armor, which is designed for airflow and for reducing dead spots.
- This is an affordable cooler and gives the user value for their money
- The RGB lighting looks very cool and is helpful in keeping check of the temperature
- The cooler comes with a thermal probe, which provides information about the temperature
- For some customers, the RGB lighting didn’t work
- The installation process is not easy, and the user manual is not helpful
- The fans are loud
8. Cyrorig R1 Ultimate – Best CPU Cooler For i7 8700k
This cooler is one of the finest products in the market, as it has a dual-tower-dual fan design. It has great aesthetics and comes with 6mm heat pipes at the base of the cooler. The cooler has dark gray frames and there are two 140mm fans. The brand has come up with a proper mechanism for fan mounting, which most brands ignore. The height of the fan is adjustable, and you can easily lift it up to 5mm.
The cooling performance of the cooler is pretty impressive, and the readings can go to 75 degrees. The temperature levels are safe, and the product performs very well too.
- This is a really good looking cooler
- The height of the fans can be easily adjusted for RAM clearance
- If the customer wants full RAM clearance, then they can buy this company’s thin fan
- The fans are noisy
- This is not compatible with all RAM sticks, even though it has an adjustable fan setting
9. Phanteks PH-TC14PE – Best CPU Cooler For i7 8700k
This is a dual tower air cooler and has a very good performance. It looks simple and has a simplistic design of fans and heat sink. The cooler comes with five heat pipes of 8mm. They work very well and feature UFB Bearing, and Maelstrom Vortex Booster. The fins of the heat sink come in different colours, and this in comparison with other models, is unique. The temperature of the cooler can go up to 73 degrees, and if someone wants it for i7 8700K, then they can use an overclock. Overclocking should be executed especially if someone is not using the CPU 24x7. The fan RPM is up to 1200 RPM.
- The performance and temperature control of the cooler are outstanding
- It is available in multiple colours
- Even though it is dual fan technology, users can get a third fan for it as well
- The fans don’t make noise
- Does not work well with the latest HEDT processors
- It has low fan speed as compared to other fans
- No lighting available
10. Reeven RC-1001 Brontes – Best Cheap CPU Air Cooler For i7 8700k
Reeven is not a well-known company, but it has come up with some fantastic coolers at affordable prices for users. It is also one of the smallest coolers on the market and is cheaper compared to its counterparts. The performance of the cooler is really good, and it outperforms some other high-end cooler. The fans don’t make noise, which is a relief for customers.
This cooler is perfect for low profile cases, and the users won’t face any problem with clearance. The installation process is quick and easy. It doesn’t interfere with the RAM at all and is durable. The temperature of a CPU would reach at least 60 degrees, and won’t get throttled, which means the performance is really good. It is the perfect choice for i7 8700K.
- It has a compact design and doesn’t interfere with the RAM
- It performs really well, compared to other coolers
- The fans are quiet
- There are no clearance issues
- It doesn’t support 130W coolers
- Customers should do thorough research before buying this cooler, as it might not fit with every CPU
How To Choose The Right CPU Cooler? – Buying Guide 2021
There are eight things that you need to consider before you buy a CPU cooler. The first thing is the kind of budget that you have. There are expensive coolers and cheap coolers available in the market. They differ not only in price, but features, performance, and quality as well. If you are picking a CPU cooler for a new system, then give the appropriate amount of budget to it. When spending money on a new system, make sure you can keep it around for a long time, and a CPU cooler helps in that.
The next thing you need to consider is the use that you have for your PC. Do you use it to play games? Do you use it to do basic computational tasks? Does it get hot often, when you play high graphic games on it? If your PC is gaming-oriented, then you need a good CPU cooler, which would prevent the system from crashing or dying.
The third thing you need to decide is whether you want a liquid cooler or an air cooling system. There are both pros and cons of liquid cooling. Liquid coolers are better at achieving a proper temperature. They don’t cause any clearance issues with memory or case fans and keep a low profile. However, they cost more, and the price is not worth the performance. Moreover, they are hard to maintain and present a risk of leaking.
Make sure you look at the TDP rating of the cooler you are buying. If the thermal design power rating of a cooler is lower, then it won’t have the same performance compared to a high TDP rating cooler. The TDP rating of a refrigerator has to exceed the TDP rating of the CPU that you are using. Also, see that the CPU cooler you are buying will be tall or short enough to fit in a certain case. Check the CPU’s cooler height on its specification sheet, and buy a less bulky cooler.
There are so many options that a user can choose from if they want to buy the best CPU cooler for i7 8700K. Users need to invest in a powerful medium if they want their processor to work.
Do people really need CPU cooler?
CPU coolers are important for a processor because when they overheat, they simply stop performing. If you play games on your computer, with high graphics, then you need the processor to last longer. In particular, if you have an AMD processor, and live in a hot country or area, a CPU cooler is a must purchase.
What is CPU cooler used for?
A CPU cooler is a helpful device, which is designed to draw heat away from a system’s CPU and its components. If you are using a CPU cooler, then it will lower down the CPUs temperature. It will increase the efficiency and stability of the system. However, when you add a cooler, the noise level of the system is more likely to increase as well.
What is another way of cooling CPU?
Liquid cooling is another way to cooling down a CPU, because the water transfers heat at a quicker rate than air. As compared to a fan cooler, a liquid cooler is quieter, because there are no fans running at a high RPM. However, if the fluid leaks to the hardware, then this could be dangerous for the system. This is why CPU coolers with fans in them, are more popular.
If I don’t use a CPU cooler, what will happen?
If you don’t use a CPU cooler, then the video card you are using or the CPU will start to overheat. There are modern computers that will start to slow down or might shut down if they get too hot. They shut down so that they can prevent any further damage to the system. Even if these safety measures exist in modern computers, if the CPU continues to overheat, then that will kill the laptop at some point.